Wednesday, December 16, 2009

36 traditional hot rods in one pileup




This is the beginning of my new series that I am obssessing over. Ever since I was young I have had this weird attraction to car wrecks in movies and any violent wreck I'd see on the road. I destroyed hundreds of hotwheels and model cars as my unknown artistic outlet for automotive destruction. Finally at 26 I've found the only art I can produce and be completely content with has to have hot rods, wrecks, and girls. Here's my newest piece of my interpretation of 36 hot rods being smashed together simultaniously. It's done in pen and ink and was completed slowly in a period of about 6 months or so. Basically all my refrence came from "Rod and Kulture Magazine," and I did the guesswork on what all the cars would look like smashed.

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing Nate, really beautiful stuff. I have always been obsessed with wrecked cars too and you have really nailed it here, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete